Sligo RFC are looking to appoint an ambitious Forwards Coach/Assistant Coach for the upcoming season. Sligo RFC currently compete in the AIL Division 2B and are currently the Connacht Senior League and Cup holders.
Sligo’s Forwards Coach will work alongside the recently appointed Head Coach to contribute to the planning and delivery of the coaching programme and to provide a positive and successful playing environment. Responsibilities include the organisation of the set piece, developing all forward players’ technical skills and tactical appreciation of the game through high quality coaching and feedback.
Successful applicants will demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills as well as being able to work well within a team. Coaches will be required to plan and organise various sessions. The coach will be required to plan and organise various sessions. The coach will be expected to attend matchdays as well as training sessions during the week. Travel across the country to away games may be required given our participation in a national competition.
Coaching Skills, Knowledge & Skills;
- Be qualified to a minimum of Level 2 (stage 4 LTPD) on the IRFU coach development pathway or an equivalent coaching qualification from another rugby union.
- Strong aptitude for the Set Piece – Scrum, Line Out and Kick Offs
- Capable of working effectively under direction of the Head Coach.
- Plan and deliver high-quality player development sessions.
- Review and reflect upon own coaching performance, and with Sligo Rugby identify an action plan for improvement.
- Deploy a player-centered approach within the delivery of forward coaching sessions.
- Demonstrate high-quality observation and feedback skills.
- Demonstrate high personal standards of performance and conduct whilst working with players.
- Demonstrate through their coaching, an understanding of IRFU safeguarding requirements & protocols.
The closing date for applications is Friday the 4th of June.
For further information or to apply please send a resume and cover letter to our Secretary on email@example.com