The IRFU have reviewed the Government of Ireland Phase 3 guidelines for the return of sporting activity from 29th June and have updated the Return to Rugby Roadmap for clubs.
All clubs must complete the COVID-19 Safety Planning Stage before moving to the resumption of training at any level.
· Clubs in ROI that have completed the COVID19 Safety Planning Stage can advance to Non-Contact Rugby Stage from the 1st July, 2020
· As per above conditions, Clubs can advance to Contact Rugby Stage from 20th July 2020
· IRFU will provide further detail on Non-Contact and Contact stages of Return to Rugby by 26th June, 2020
· Update pending on Non-Contact training element of Step 2 of the NI Coronavirus Regulations
· Paperless Pre-Return to Rugby Personal Assessment Declaration Form available from 13th July 2020
· Club competitions are set to commence in September 2020
· Player welfare a key focus of the Return to Rugby Roadmap
· IRFU to issue supplementary PPE kits to clubs w/c 29th June 2020
The full statement goes into specific detail about What Clubs can do in the Non-Contact Stage (From Wednesday 1st July, 2020). Please read the full statement here