|The IRFU would like to summarise the public health measures announced by the Government of Ireland on November 27th as they apply to domestic rugby.|
From December 1st, clubs under the jurisdiction of the Government of Ireland will move to Level 3 of the Resilience and Recovery Plan 2020/21.
The key points for domestic rugby under Level 3 are as follows:
– Non-contact training only in pods of up to 15 is permitted for all ages·
– Tag and touch rugby are classed as non-contact sports·
– No matches are permitted·
– Clubs must continue to comply with all government guidelines and demonstrate safe behaviour·
– Masks should be worn at all times by anyone not playing rugby
These measures will remain in place until otherwise advised.
A full overview of these guidelines is available at https://www.irishrugby.ie/running-your-club/return-to-rugby-for-clubs/.