Sligo RFC would like to invite applications for the position of women’s Head Coach for the upcoming 2021/2022 season.
Sligo RFC’s women’s teams have been very successful in the past, however the team lapsed in previous years and the club are now in the process of reviving the senior women’s setup. With the Connacht initiative of an U21 women’s summer league, it is hoped that these young players will combine with former and new rugby players to revive the senior women’s team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with motivated, talented, and ambitious local young players in a positive environment. This role is key to ensure the club grows on the foundation of earlier successes and continues the development of women’s rugby.
Responsibilities: The Women’s Head Coach will be responsible for leading the Senior Women’s Rugby Programme within Sligo RFC.
This role includes:
- Develop and implement a co-ordinated coaching programme for the senior women’s team.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the Club’s agreed playing philosophy.
- Co-ordinate with the Football Committee and Senior Team Management on the recruitment and retention of players and coaches.
- Report to the Executive Committee on rugby matters and make recommendations on potential improvements and initiatives.
- Select and prepare the team for competition while also being aware of all administrative procedures regarding player registration and eligibility.
- To ensure a suitable S & C programme is in place and adhered to.
The qualifications and attributes of the successful applicant can be outlined as follows:
- Applicants need to have experience at senior club level with the relevant coaching qualifications.
- An understanding of the running of a Senior Rugby club.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of rugby at the higher levels with a view to player recruitment and development.
Applications should be sent to:
Sligo RFC Hon. Secretary