The AGM of Sligo RFC will take place in the clubhouse Strandhill on Friday the 25th of May at 8pm. An EGM to make some exciting revisions to the Club’s Constitution will take place on the same evening at 7.45pm.
The details of the proposed changes are as follows;
- To remove all administrative function from the roles of President, Senior and Junior Vice President and to make their roles honorary with the sole function being to represent the Club at all official functions.
- The President and Senior/Junior Vice Presidents are members of the general committee but are not required to attend meetings.
- The outgoing President is still a member of the general committee.
- The President will no longer be an ex-officio member of the Exec Committee.
- The current role of President will be filled by a newly created position of Club Chairperson who will preside over the general and executive committees.
- The current position of Tag Rugby/Women’s Rugby Co-Ordinator is to proposed to be split into two roles for separate persons following the great growth in both sections of the Club.
A two thirds majority with at least 15 members present is required in order to carry the motion to change the Constitution due notice of which has been served to the Honorary Secretary of the Club.
The full text of the revised Constitution can be found here – Sligo RFC Constitution (Proposed Changes before the AGM May 25, 2012)